Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thanksgiving (Journal 12)

This is my first thanksgiving in the U.S, and I it will be a wonderful experience. As long as I know this holiday is celebrated every year during the four Thursday of the month of November. in Mexico, we do not have this tradition, and I think it is Cleve to say your thanks for the year one's has had. But not only during this day is important to say thanks I believe we must to be grateful for all the possessions, goals and achieves reached every day. This year I would like to say thanks specially for the good health I have had, for the great opportunity to come to the U.S, for all the extraordinary people I have met during this year.
I want to say thanks to God for the good health I have had during this year. Although the changes of weather and the natural phenomenon, I have not had any health problem. There are many people suffering from terrible diseases, and they do not want money or material stuff they only want be healthy therefore I feel I'm very fortunate for have good health condition so far. Also I want to say thanks for the excellent opportunity I had to come to the U.S and studying English. I always wanted to learn English because my goal is to study international law and English is a requirement for this major. Specially I want to say thanks to Robert who has helped me with my studies, and my parents who have given me all the support in order to reach my goals.
Finally I want to say thanks to God for all my friends I have met during this year. To me friendship is very important, and I consider my friends as a treasure. During this year I met Pearly who is from Vietnam and she has shared with me good moments. I had learn from Pearly her culture which is amazing. Also I met Justin who is from Korea, and he has been kind with me. Indeed I'm quite grateful to life for all the positive things I have had in my life.

No comments: